- - Somerset CPAs - Administration
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
With over 150 professionals, we are one of the ten largest CPA firms in the Indianapolis area. Somerset is proud to be selected as #1 Best Places to Work in Indiana for mid-size companies by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
At Somerset, we are passionate about helping you succeed.
• You will create and modify reports, presentations, memos and letters using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and other presentation software such as Microsoft Office and other programs, while you're...
• Scheduling and updating tax appointments; coordinating meetings and conference calls; and making travel arrangements for staff through the office calendar, which is after you...
• Update database with prospect and client information, send confidential documents via secure webmail and handle registration for seminars and conferences for multiple associations, which is in-between...
• Creating surveys, scanning and binding documents that have 12 hours to get out the door, preparing documents using your advanced excel AND incredible proofing ability, and reloading the copying machine that just ran out glossy and legal size paper.
• And that's just before you go to lunch!
• Don't think that's all there is to this job, because there will be all kinds of other duties that pop up.
These are non-negotiable must-haves.
• Emotionally Competent
• Hard working
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in general office responsibilities and procedures.
• That's so we know you have the ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, copiers and scanning machines.
• As you can see from the responsibilities listed, you must be able to multi-task and manage workload priorities; work well with tight deadlines; and maintain a high aptitude for detailed work.
• Your peers should see you as proficient in word processing; Microsoft Office, proofing skills; and having superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
• This position will be 8-5; but there will be times that you need to come in before 8am; or stay later then 5pm; or even come in over the weekend to work during the peak periods.
• This is a non-exempt position and will qualify for overtime pay, if you work the overtime.
• Review the Personal Characteristics list again. Make sure you have those and that others think you possess those characteristics as well. We will evaluate all of them when we look at your resume; call you for a phone screen or interview; evaluate your tests; and check your references.